Saturday, February 6, 2010

Butterfly Birthday Set

 It's my beautiful niece's first birthday and I wanted to make her a special outfit. Her mom is an artist and loves color and little Xochi has gorgeous big blue eyes. I thought this would hit the spot.
It's made with one of my all time favorite Amy Butler fabrics- Gothic Rose, and her pink Coriander. Plus Patty Young's turquoise Clover Dot from her Mezzanine line. The pattern I used was Girly Stripwork from Pink Fig Patterns.
For the butterfly I used Steam -A- Seam and appliqued on the fabric pieces. Then I heat set the rhinestone "bling" and embroidered the antennae. I used a special stitch on my sewing machine and stitched around the edges. I like the way a frayed edge look.
Happy Birthday Evangeline Xochil!

1 comment:

Lara said...

What a very lucky little girl. It's gorgeous.

Related Posts with Thumbnails