Wednesday, June 23, 2010

New Projects

As usual I've got all kinds of projects piling up - in my head and everywhere else!
I found out that my brother and his wife are pregnant with their first, a little boy and I'm so excited to start making all kinds of fun things for them.
First, I'm going to use my leftover scraps from my favorite Riley & Blake All Stars fabric for a simple triangle quilt like the one I saw at Cluck Cluck Sew.
 I also need to finish quilting my Meandering Path quilt. I finished the stippling part, but I am now trying to quilt the straight lines and it's a bit harder than I thought. Because I want the lines to be exactly 1/2" apart, I can't use my pressure foot as a guide. I'm still trying to figure that one out.
I'm also working on another fun quilt that I've designed myself. I love coin quilts, but I wanted to do a twist on it. I'm calling it Crooked Coins. Here is a little sneek peek. I'm using wonderful Verna fabric from Kate Spain.
And good 'ole WalMart had an incredible special on strawberries this week. A one pound crate for $.75! I couldn't pass up the chance to do some jamming. So first thing tomorrow I will make some strawberry jam- yum!
Related Posts with Thumbnails