Friday, August 6, 2010

Happenings...

Been in Southern California all week. It's so beautiful! You'd think after living here for 12 years I'd be used to it. But after living in 100+ weather for the past year, it is just so nice.
My husband got a new job and we came to find a place to live. It has not been easy, very discouraging in fact, so we are settling into an apartment for now so the kids can be here when school starts and we'll have to go from there.
 Our backyard in Aliso Viejo.

I also became the mom of a teenager this week! My son, Sam got to celebrate his thirteenth year with his best buds and he was so happy. I can't believe I have a teenager, but he's such a good kid I don't think I need to stress. Now when my daughters get that age, watch out!
Since I've been vacationing and couldn't sew I decided to start my crochet project that I've had on the back burner. I got this great pattern from Rose Hip and can't wait to make an afgan out of it. I haven't crocheted a blanket in 10 years, so I'm excited. I added an extra "Round 5" to make my squares bigger.
If you haven't entered my Blogiversary Giveaway, what are you waiting for?  XO!

1 comment:

paintedlady89 said...

Love your crochet. It makes me want to pick up a hook.....if fact, Girl Scouts is starting up and there is no better reason to learn then to want to teach it to someone else! Thanks for the inspiration!
Gigi

Related Posts with Thumbnails