Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Rainbow Sherbet Needlebook


I have been road trippin' for almost 2 weeks! I will have to post pictures of our travels soon, but for now this will have to do. This is my needlebook for this month's RATZ Swap! The due date was the day after I returned from vacation, so I had to move fast! Luckily I was able to work on the hexies on the road.

I used a pattern from the book Hexa Go-Go by Tacha Bruecher. If you are into hexgons (like I am obsessed right now!) this is a fabulous book. The original pattern called for just fabric pieces but I made "hexagon fabric". My partner's favorite color is pink, and lucky for both of, it's mine too! She also loves orange and lime green and it made me think of Rainbow Sherbet ice cream. Yum! So that was my inspiration.
 The inside has 4 felt "pages" for pins and needles and 4 pockets for scissors, etc.
I included quilting needles, a pink seam ripper, cute little pink polka dot embroidery scissors and three little pins. The center pin is a lollipop from Pinks & Needles. LOVE her things!
I hope my partner likes what I put together!

6 comments:

Roy and Sandy Fitzell said...

Gorgeous colors, I love it!

Amy DeCesare said...

Fantastic...so cheery! I love those little pins, too.

leanne said...

I LOVE it so much Ellie and I've already started using it :)

Deborah said...

Your needle book is just perfect! What a fun day Leanne had getting our gifts on the same day!! Lovely work!!

Tacha said...

Wow!!!! Love the colours you used.

Tacha said...

Wow!!!! Love the colours you used.

Related Posts with Thumbnails