Monday, November 19, 2012

Pillow Talk {Swap} 9

I just participated in Pillow Talk {Swap} 9 on Flickr. I love this swap because you get something that you can actually use and the talent is SO amazing! The best part is just seeing all of the fabulous pillow designs.
   My partner this time around said that she loves Denise Schmidt fabric, so I basically went with that for fabric choices. I made a pattern design that I have been dying to try out. I love the way it made two different shapes in the design. I would like to make a larger quilt pattern out of it and make the border print white and the inside shapes a solid color just to change it up.
 For the quilting I did back and forth rows making the rounder shape go in one direction and the "x" shape another direction. I wanted the border design to pop out a bit more and that helped.
On the back of the pillow I just made a basic fold over using solid grey, and an orange DS pattern trimmed in aqua.
 For extra goodies I gave my partner an Anna Maria Horner "Field Study" charm pack, some cotton thread from Japan, a cupcake pin and a little tape measure. I hope she likes everything!
 Now I get to share with you the pillow I received! I LOVE it!! I have totally been digging hexies and know after making some myself how much work goes into them. So I really appreciate the work that went into making my pillow. Megan did an amazing job and look how cute it looks on my couch!

She also sent me a lovely journal, cool zipper and chocolate! I feel very spoiled and excited to receive such a wonderful package. Swaps are so awesome because you get to give and receive, the best of both worlds!
Thanks so much Megan, it makes me happy every time I see it!
Next swap is Doll Quilt Swap 13, here we go!

1 comment:

Natasha said...

I love these what a great swap! I really like the quilting you did! Great fabric combos too!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails