Saturday, November 17, 2012

Winners and WIPs!

I would like to thank everyone who entered to win my mom's book. She was so happy reading every comment and appreciates the support! The grand prize winner (who will also receive a little fabric goody) is:Anonymous
Kathy said...
What a wonderful idea! Somedays are so busy - just to have something like this - to pick up and read a quick story is awesome! My favorite holiday tradition was when we were kids. All the cousins got together and played with our Christmas gifts together. Now were all spread across the United States - oh how I wish we could go back just once more.
I would also like to tell you that my mom wants to give ALL of you that entered your own book! Yipee! She was so touched with your thoughts she felt each of you should have one. Merry Christmas! I will be in touch.

 If you missed the giveaway, no worries you can get your own copy at www.lettersfromhomethebook.com or at Amazon.com.

On the WIP side of things, I have a lot on my list!
I recently finished a pillow for the Pillow Talk Swap 9 that I will share with you soon. Here's a sneak peak:
And I made a couple of blocks for Tracey Jay. She is making a beautiful quilt for a friend in need and made a call out for blocks. These are two I made:
We will be heading to St. George to be with my family for Thanksgiving. Our kids have a week off of school, whoop! My beautiful cousin who also lives there recently had her firsts, a set of twins! A beautiful boy and girl after years of trying. We are so overjoyed for them and can't wait to meet Mac & Brizbyn! But I couldn't meet them empty handed. I have been working on a couple of chevron quilts for them.

Her nursery colors are pink, orange, aqua and green. So I made some twinner quilts. I also thought it would be fun to use the I Spy charm squares I got in a swap at Sewing Summit. So I'm also putting together an I Spy quilt for them. Three quilts in three days, can I do it???

I also have a new Oliver +S pattern, Family Reunion and fabric to make my little Charlotte a new dress.


And I need to finish my Granny Squares quilt! I have someone in mind for this and some special quilting to go along with it.
 My brother the tennis pro has been waiting a long time for his t-shirt quilt and I thought Christmas would be a great time to finally get that done for him. Anybody ever made one? Any great tricks? I have to admit it scares me a little.
Then there are the curtains for my family room ( the floral print), a chair to recover (the houndstooth), and a pillow to make (the green print).
I won't even mention that I also have a quilt that needs to be quilted and bound for a Moda Bake Shop tutorial, but I just can't seem to get to it! I guess it will have to be a January thing.
Hmmmm, this WIP list is getting long. We'll see how much I can finish before Christmas. I also need to decorate, shop, bake, organize and do a bunch of stuff for the Primary at church. Whew!
How is your WIP list coming? I always have grand aspirations, but reality usually kicks my behind. Good luck with yours!


4 comments:

Hilachas said...

Oh, just reading your WIP list wears one out. You've done so much already. I'm so far behind that I don't even have the WIP list written out. Your mother is so generous, not only has she written down all these scriptures in an easy-to-find format, but now she is actually giving away so many copies. Hugs to her and to you and many thanks.

Deborah said...

All of your work is so beautiful, I don't know where to start! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family.

Debbie said...

What adorable twin quilts! And I love your granny square quilt. btw, I know Susan the History Quilter has made a tshirt quilt...

Stephanie said...

Beautiful work. I made a Tshirt quilt for my sister a few months ago. Fusible interfacing makes all the difference with the stretchy shirt material. Make sure you don't iron directly on the screen printing, some of it will melt and smear. And with the weight of the fabric and interfacing, you can skip batting if you want.

Related Posts with Thumbnails